The Community Cats Program offers spay-neuter for feral and free roaming cats from San Francisco. Cats with guardians and cats slated for adoption or foster programs are not accepted. Because we require all cats going through this program to receive a rabies vaccination, cats must be 12 weeks of age. All cats recieve a mandatory left ear tip.
- No appointment is needed for cats trapped in San Francisco City & County.
- Early morning drop off is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (excluding holidays), between 8am and 9am.
- Bring cats to the Feral Cat Program entrance at 220 Florida Street in a trap or front loading carrier. This entrance is only staffed during the above hours.
- Short-term parking is available in the green zone. Look for the red sign and ring our bell.
- After early morning hours you can stll drop off between 10am-4pm Tuesday-Friday at 201 Alabama Street, 2nd floor Spay/Neuter Clinic
- Surgery days will be dependent on clinic schedule and available space. Cats will be held until the next available surgery slot.
- Cats are ready to be picked up at 5pm the day they receive surgery if you wish to recover at home.
- Alternatively, we can provide onsite recovery assistance and hold cats until the following day.
- For information about post-surgery care, please download Post-Surgery Care for Feral Cats (PDF)
Free, Mandatory Program Services
These services are mandatory and administered to all cats during the spay/neuter surgery, without exception. Services are free to feral and free roaming cats trapped in San Francisco. Donations are always appreciated and enable us to care for more cats.
Cats trapped outside of San Francisco are charged a nominal fee, and must call to arrange in advance.
- Sterilization surgery (including a small tattoo applied to either side of the incision)
- Eartip of the left ear
- Rabies vaccination
- FVRCP vaccination
- Single dose of Revolution (for fleas, hookworm, roundworm, mange and ear mites). If flea infestation is noted, we administer Droncit for tapeworms.
- All cats in this program will be registered in our feral cat colony database.
These services are provided during the spay/neuter surgery ONLY. We don't provide revaccination and/or flea and deworming medication for cats that have already been spayed/neutered.
- Traps are rented by appointment only.
- Call us at 415.522.3539 to schedule a rental pick up.
- We require a refundable deposit of $60 per rental.
Need information about trapping? Read Trapping 101 - The Basics (PDF)